Merriam-Webster's Intermediate Dictionary (Hardcover)
The authoritative middle school dictionary.
A revised and updated edition of the best-selling dictionary written especially for students grades 6-8, ages 11-14.
- Features nearly 70,000 entries with new words and meanings added across a variety of fields including technology, social media, science, health, and popular culture
- 23,000 usage examples and more than 1,000 carefully drawn illustrations clarify and expand understanding
- Abundant word history and synonym paragraphs
- A great study aid for students building vocabulary and engaging with more complex text as they prepare for high school
- New words added include: cloud computing, derecho, selfie, and tweet