The Reef (Great Classics #87) (Paperback)
This Book is NON-RETURNABLE.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 87 in the Great Classics series.
- #2: White Fang (Great Classics #2) (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: The Black Riders and Other Lines (Great Classics #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #25: Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare (Great Classics #25) (Paperback): $10.99
- #55: Pride and Prejudice Book: Quotes from Jane Austen for You (Great Classics #55) (Paperback): $15.00
- #62: The Age of Innocence (Great Classics #62) (Paperback): $9.99
- #65: The House of Mirth (Great Classics #65) (Paperback): $10.99
- #71: Ben, the Luggage Boy: Or, Among the Wharves (Great Classics #71) (Paperback): $9.99
- #73: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Great Classics #73) (Paperback): $6.99
- #77: The Way to Wealth: Or, Poor Richard Improved (Great Classics #77) (Paperback): $9.99
- #79: The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, Or Gustavus Vassa, the African (Great Classics #79) (Paperback): $10.99
- #80: The Jungle Book (Great Classics #80) (Paperback): $6.99
- #81: The Black Arrow: A Tale of the Two Roses (Great Classics #81) (Paperback): $11.99
- #83: Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie (Great Classics #83) (Paperback): $12.99
- #84: The Art of Money Getting: Or Golden Rules for Making Money (Great Classics #84) (Paperback): $6.99
- #85: The Turn of the Screw (Great Classics #85) (Paperback): $9.99
- #91: Utilitarianism (Great Classics #91) (Paperback): $9.99
- #93: Uncle Tom's Cabin (Great Classics #93) (Paperback): $12.99
- #94: Little Lord Fauntleroy (Great Classics #94) (Paperback): $6.99
- #95: The Land of the Blue Flower (Great Classics #95) (Paperback): $5.99
- #98: The First Men in the Moon (Great Classics #98) (Paperback): $6.99
Classics for Your Collection: goo.gl/U80LCr --------- Summary: George Darrow, an American diplomat residing in London, has remained in contact with his former love, Anna Leath, who had previously married another man. Now widowed, she resumes contact with Darrow. Darrow desires to continue the relationship he had with Anna but remains concerned about her commitment to the relationship. The novel begins with Darrow preparing to join Anna in France when he receives a telegram ordering him to wait "til thirtieth" because of an "unexpected obstacle" - one of many such delays Anna has ordered. Deeply humiliated and disappointed, Darrow boards the boat regardless and runs into the young Sophy Viner, a woman he had previously encountered but never gotten to know thoroughly . Sophy, although down on her luck, is an ambitious aspiring actress determined to start a new life in France. Enthralled, Darrow convinces her to spend a few days with him so he can show her around Paris. During their time spent together, the two enter into a romantic affair. A few Months later, Darrow and the widowed Anna Leath patch their relationship and make arrangements to get married. But before they can announce their plans, Darrow finds out that the engagement of Anna's stepson menaces to have a profound effect on his own Facts and Trivia: The novel was adapted into a film The Reef (also known as Passion's Way) in 1999 starring Sela Ward, Timothy Dalton and Alicia Witt. Characters George Darrow: 37-year-old American Diplomat who is living in London at the beginning of the novel. He becomes engaged to Anna Leath.
Anna Leath: American widow living in Givr , which is in rural France. She becomes engaged to George Darrow.
Sophy Viner: young American woman who aspires to become an actress. She is engaged to Owen Leath.
Owen Leath: Anna's stepson, age 23. He is engaged to Sophy Viner.
Effie Leath: Anna's daughter, age 9
Dowager Marquise de Chantelle: Anna's mother in law, age 60
Adelaide Painter: American friend of the family and of the Marquise
Mrs. Murrett: Sophy's previous employer
Fraser Leath: Anna's deceased husband Scroll Up and Get Your Copy Timeless Classics for Your Bookshelf
Classic Books for Your Inspiration and Entertainment Visit Us at: goo.gl/0oisZU