The Plastic Problem: 60 Small Ways to Reduce Waste and Help Save the Earth (Lonely Planet Kids) (Hardcover)
Look around you - plastic is everywhere! It's in your shoes, pens, toothbrush, car, toys, TV, water bottles, food packaging... It's almost impossible to get through one day without using it. And it's creating major problems for our world, our oceans, our animals and marine life, and ourselves.
In The Plastic Problem, from the team that brought you 101 Small Ways to Save the World, you'll learn how to become a 'plastic patroller' instead of a plastic polluter by learning about the easy ways you can cut plastic out of your life. The simple actions found in this practical guide will help you protect our world and inspire your friends and family to do the same. Tips include:
- Pack a zero waste travel kit to help your family reduce its rubbish on trips
- Take better care of your clothes, swap items with friends, and get excited about hand-me-downs
- Switch your toothpaste for natural tooth powders and choose an electric, non-throwaway toothbrush
- Take your lunch to school in a reusable container and bring reusable cutlery
- Reduce the amount of things you buy, reuse what you have, and recycle what you no longer need
- Take reusable bags to the supermarket or with you when you go shopping
- Think twice about single-use bottled water and fruit juices
As a future guardian of the planet, you can say no to plastic. Your actions, however small, can make a big difference every day.
Are you up to the challenge?
About Lonely Planet Kids: Lonely Planet Kids - an imprint of the world's leading travel authority Lonely Planet - published its first book in 2011. Over the past 45 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travelers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!