SEARCH FOR BOOKS
When purchasing books, we prefer to purchase collections or lots.
Contact Us Before You Come In
Before bringing your books to the store, please call or email us to avoid making a possibly unnecessary trip. When you contact us, please provide the following information:
- Number of boxes of books.
- Subject matter or type of books.
- General range of publication dates.
- Whether the books been exposed to cigarette or cigar smoke.
We cannot make offers or guarantee that we will purchase your books over the phone or via email. We must see the books in person. Remember, when you sell your books to a bookseller you should expect to receive a wholesale price, not retail. Please note: if we pass on your books that is not necessarily a reflection on the books themselves. We may have enough in stock or not have enough customer interest for them.
Condition Is Important
Books must be clean and in very good condition. We cannot stress this enough.
Books We Do Not Buy
- Books in poor condition (i.e., markings in text, water damage, loose bindings, missing pages, insect damage)
- Encyclopedias (unless pre-1915)
- Hardcover fiction
- Book club editions
- Harlequin romance novels (and similar)
- Reader's Digest condensed books
Can't Bring Them to the Store?
We may be able to come to see them. Call for an appointment. Before we come out, please remove or block off any books that are not available for sale.
Selling Books on Consignment
For books of higher value, we may offer to sell them on a consignment basis. Please contact us for details.
Old = Valuable, Right?
Well, not necessarily. Just because a book is old, that doesn't make it valuable. Books become valuable because they're desirable, not because they're old.