Trade Credit Program
1. ONLY BOOKS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION WILL BE ACCEPTED. No water damage, musty or cigarette smoke smell, ripped covers/pages will be accepted. In general, we accept gently used paperbacks published within the last five years. We may consider hardcover books and books in other categories. Most hardcover fiction older than six months will not be accepted for trade.
2. We accept books in trade generally in the following categories: Fiction, Historical Fiction, Mystery & Suspense, Florida, Young Adult, Romance, Audio Books (CDs)
3. We do not take back in trade every book that comes from this store. Reasons include:
- Poor condition – even if a book was purchased here in good condition, it may no longer be acceptable.
- Overstock – the store may already have sufficient quantities of a title.
- Unsellable – we may feel that there is no longer consumer demand for the book.
- Local author – we sell only new books by local authors in fairness to them.
4. Trade credit rates:
- Paperbacks: 20% of the cover price.
- Hardcovers: 10% of the cover price.
- Audio books (on CD): 10% of the cover price.
- Books with discount stickers or price tags from other stores will be credited based on the sticker price.
5. You may bring in only one box or bag of books at a time. Write your name and telephone number on a piece of paper and put it with your books. Please do not drop books off and leave. We don’t have room to store books after we’ve gone through them. If you’d like to run quick errands while we go through your books that’s fine, but any books still left when we close will be donated.
6. Trade credit may be used for 50% of your in-store purchase of used books (excluding tax); the other 50% can be paid for in the normal way (cash, personal check, credit card, or gift certificate). Trade credit cannot be used for new items, cards, gifts, or audio CDs (audio books ok). Trade credit has no cash value.
7. Whatever trade credit you don't use gets banked on your account up to $100. Once your trade credit reaches $100, you must use some of your credit before bringing in more books for trade. Trade credit is good for two years from the date of your last trade transaction.
Selling Books to Us
We occasionally purchase libraries and large collections for cash. Please go here for details.